♔ A Song of Ice and Fire ♔
In Westeros, bastards (also ‘natural child’ or ‘baseborn’) born to nobles are given surnames different than their father’s, according to the region they were born in. These surnames are mostly associated with the geographic or climatic features of the respective regions: in the Reach - the bastards’ surname is Flowers; in the Vale - Stone; in the North - Snow; in the Westerlands - Hill; in the Stormlands - Storm; in the Crownlands - Waters; in Dorne - Sand; in the Riverlands - Rivers.
The last line “Will you follow me. One last time.” is more for the fans then anything else. This is Peter asking us if we will stand with him on this final visit to Middle Earth. This is truly the end.
Women of the World
Photos by Steve McCurry
REALLY just wanna take this chance to remind the people who follow me to not kill/trap opossums if they’re in your yard, and do not call animal control! Seriously.
- Opossums are literally 100% BIOLOGICALLY INCAPABLE of carrying rabies. Their body temperature is too cool to incubate it properly.
- Opossums are actually quite gentle and NOCTURNAL, so if they’re roaming, they’ve probably gotten lost, been injured, and are looking for a place to hide.
- Young opossums tend to try to climb into garbage cans when they’re starving. This is because THEY ARE LITERALLY STARVING. Don’t fucking shoot them or hit them with things because you wanna be some fucking macho top-of-the-food-chain cocksucker.
- Mama possums are amazing mothers and if you encounter an “aggressive” opossum, it’s probably because she’s got babies hanging off her nipple and she’s freaking out. They’re clumsy. Sometimes they don’t hear you coming and you catch each other off guard.
- Wanna lure an opossum off of your property? You can set up a box with some greens and cat kibble in it, hide it well, and lure them out that way. They’re actually quite harmless and keep other predators away. they eat lotsa gross stuff.
- Opossum mamas who get hit by cars often still have their helpless babies attached to them. Possums get a bad rep and people say they are “the dumbest animal”, but they are incredible creatures who have been around since the days of fucking dinosaurs so treat them well, okay?
OH NO PRECIOUS BABIES
I’m hoping that the reason Arianne Martell doesn’t seem to be included in the TV series is that they’ve yet to release the info on who’s playing her.
Because she’ll be played by Freida Pinto.
At least in my hopeful mind.